Happy Saturday! It is my honor to introduce Pam Bolin of Clarksville, Iowa. Pam was born and raised on a dairy farm and during college married Dave (the neighbor boy) who is also a dairy farmer. In 1979, they began their dairy, Beaver Creek Farm on Dave’s home farm. Together, they raised three sons who are now all married and have six beautiful grandchildren. Showing dairy was Pam’s favorite 4-H project and she bought her first registered Holstein when she was 10 years old. Today, Pam is a teacher at their church and has been involved on co-op and promotion boards.
Pam’s Story in her own words:
When did you start farming?
While my role has changed somewhat through the years as I am still very much a hands-on dairy farmer. I feed calves and help milk the cows, take care of the bookwork and do whatever else is needed. I loved raising our three sons on the dairy farm and being with them every day and now enjoy so much whenever my grandkids are there with me!
Who is your favorite cow?
I grew up with Holsteins, Dave grew up with Guernseys, and we then brought some jerseys so our herd is the result of a mixed marriage. So I love all three of these breeds.
What do you want consumers to know about the dairy products you produce?
I am very passionate to let people know that we produce a product that is backed with powerful nutrients.
What do you envision the future of the dairy industry looking like?
We will have to be much more transparent with our farming practices as more and more consumers want to understand where their food comes from.
Pam, thank you for sharing your story with us!
Entire Women in Dairy Series:
- Joanna Lidback of The Farm at Wheeler Mountain, VT
- Katie Boyke Grinstead of Vir-Clar Farm, WI
- Alicia Lamb of Oakfield Corners Dairy, NY
- Ysabel Jacobs of Ferme Jacobs, Canada
- Heidi Kovacs of Sugar Maple Jerseys, NJ
- Jolene Griffin, MI
- Melissa Woolpert of Country by Chance, VT
- Katie Sattazahn, PA
- Kim Bremmer of Ag Inspirations, WI
- Abigail Copenhaver of Farmstead Nutrition, NY
- Jodi Cast of JJC Jerseys, NE
- Amy Rowbottom of Crooked Farm Creamery, ME
- Britte Nooijens, Netherlands
- Julianne Holler, PA
- Cynthia Martel, VA
- Abby Swan of Kemridge Farm, WI
- Jamie Van De Walle, WI
- Joseta Halbur, WI
- Holly Smith, WI
- Jenny L. Baerwolf of Sassy Cow Creamery, WI
- Jenna Jongenotter, Canada
- Liz Neadow of Teacup Farm, NY
- Hannah Worden of Will-O-Crest Farm, NY
- Carla Wardin of Truth or Dairy, MI
- Amanda Freund of CowPots, CT
- Mandi Pacitti of Misty Brae Holsteins, Australia
- Jessica Chittenden Ziehm of Tiashoke Farm, NY
- Lisa Myers, MD
- Carissa Ann Tolzman, WI
- Danae Bauer of FarmGirl Photography, WI
- Ashley Kennedy of Messy Kennedy, MI
- Emily Lyons, Washington DC
- Joanna Rowher of Hollingstedt Schleswig Holstein, Germany
- Rita Mosset, ND
- Brianne Brown of Beslea Farms, Canada
- Pam Bolin, IA
- Janean Boss-Anderson, WI
- Jessica Peters of Spruce Row Farm, PA
- Amanda Williams, WI
- Trisha Boyce, PA
- Melissa Hanke, WI
- Tara Woyton, NY
- Melisa Konecky, NE
- Lizzie Frazier, NE
- Renee Norman-Kenny of Eat Farm Love, PA
- Amanda Killian of Dirt Road Holsteins, WI
- Kim Kester, WI
- Amy Ruegsegger, WI
- Alba Alvarez Nunez – Spain
- Emily Parker, WI
- Nicole Kearns, PA
- Cheyenne Ryzenga, MI
- Freynie Lancaster of Royalty Ridge, OR
- Maryanne Dudli, New Zealand
- Michelle, Keller, WI
- Ashley Abbott, VA
- Brenda Rudolph of Raising a Farm, MN
- Jennifer Heim, KS
- Janet Bremer of My Barn Yard View, MN
- Iris Barham Peeler, GA
- Laura Daniels of Heartwood Farms, WI